Welcome To The A-Train Railway Simulator Blog
How about we start with answering the question “What is this game all about?”.
I’ll give two answers for that, ready? A-Train Railway Simulator is a transport management simulator.
I’m guessing some players will already have a good idea about the game from that little description, but even if you think that’s covered it, please consider reading the rest of this, there’s a whole lot more to the new game than you might think.
Catch the A-Train
The first A-Train was released in Japan in 1988, for those who might be interested in such things, that’s a full 2 years before Railroad Tycoon was released.
A-Train 3 was released worldwide in 1994 though the “3” was dropped from the title.
There have been more than 10 games so far in the A-Train franchise going from simple isometric graphics in the early days, to full 3D, and now 4K support with the latest release.
A-Train Railway Simulator was released as a stand alone product in Japan in June 2014
Oops, we should not forget the introductions. We are Degica, Hi.
Degica are a brand new publisher for A-Train Railway Simulator, and this latest version is the first time we have been involved right from the start of the localization process, through testing and to worldwide publishing.
You may have seen or played A-Train before, but this time it’s different. As a company we are committed to providing the best “out of the box” experience. Ensuring the game has the localization and language support users expect, the documentation that a game of this depth needs and deserves and the after sales commitment that brings the end user weeks and months of enjoyment.
In short Degica are committed to doing it right.
Railway Management Simulator?
As the ground breaker in transport simulation games, A-Train has the experience and know-how to provide a feature set that is second to none. A massive fully rendered 3D world is yours to manage. Design the transport infrastructure with rail and road that will encourage growth and make you an A-Train billionaire.
- Play one of the provided scenarios or design your own world with the built in editor. Challenge yourself with mountains, rivers and oceans that need to be traversed.
- Want a large sprawling metropolis? No problem. The scale provided in the game is huge.
- Would you rather specialise and control the transport links between smaller towns and hamlets? Again, A-Train allows your imagination to create whatever world you desire
- As the ultimate transport manager you have complete control over the vehicles and rolling stock.
- Decide exactly which coaches or trucks are pulled by what engines. Allow the trains to run continuously or, if desired, set complex inter-relational time-tables where every junction, platform, siding and waiting time is controlled by you through A-Trains comprehensive scheduling system.
- Build and own your own businesses or residential areas that might encourage growth in a region by providing homes and employment.
- Play the stock market to raise cash for expansion. Careful though. Share value can go down as well as up.
- Go underground with A-Train metro system, underground trains and underground stations.
Want to encourage Maglev to your region? Build the infrastructure to encourage your city to be put on the Maglev network
Have Inter regional travel with the iconic Bullet Train
Host airports or other major structures – if your city can support them.
A-Train Features – Over 25 Years Of Experience, Looking To The Future
The list of features includes support for 4K resolution (3840×2160) gives you a huge panorama that’s 4x the detail of standard HD. Of course you can play it on a standard sized monitor as well.
Picture in Picture modes allow you to keep an eye on your existing Rail network, while planning its expansion.
Landscaping. If you have the cash, bring the builders in to flatten land or create features, from within the game
Steam! Run branch lines to the coast with all new animated steam locomotives. Or maybe create your entire network with Steam.
Bridges. Cross that river or ocean with a huge choice of bridge types. Suspension bridges, bascule bridges and dual traffic (Rail under road) bridges.
Degica are committed to supporting the release of A-train Railway simulator long into the future. Updates and patches as well as extra content will be available. We hope, for instance, to add to the already impressive list of rolling stock available over time, and where possible, make the updates free to users.
You might have played transport simulators before, you might even have played a previous version of A-Train, but whether a seasoned simmer or a complete new comer to the genre, A-Train Railway Simulator is set to bring you the transport sim you’ve been waiting for.